Om symbolerna på Elpriskollen
The list below explains the symbols that appear on Elpriskollen.
The electricity you consume can be produced in different ways. Elpriskollen presents this in the form of different symbols. The symbols are only shown if 100% of the electricity is produced from that specific energy source.
- Solar is a renewable energy source from solar power.
- Wind is a renewable energy source from wind power.
- Hydro is a renewable energy source from hydropower.
- Biomass/biogas is renewable energy that is produced using residues from the forestry industry, such as peat and other forestry waste that are converted into energy, or biogas that is converted into energy.
- Nuclear energy is a fossil-free energy source from nuclear power.
- Fossil is shown in front of electricity contracts where the electricity is not origin-labelled and is part of the so-called residual mix Länk till annan webbplats.. The residual mix mostly consists of energy from fossil energy sources.
Bra Miljöval (Good Environmental Choice)
Bra Miljöval Länk till annan webbplats. is a certification from the Swedish Society for Nature Conservation Länk till annan webbplats.. If you see this symbol on an electricity contract at Elpriskollen, it means that the renewable energy and its production meet established criteria and environmental requirements Länk till annan webbplats..
Schysst Elhandel (Fair electricity market)
Schysst Elhandel Länk till annan webbplats. is a certification from the Swedenergy industry organisation Länk till annan webbplats.. If you see this symbol on an electricity contract at Elpriskollen, it means that the electricity supplier is certified with Schysst Elhandel and has committed to keeping 18 specific customer promises Länk till annan webbplats..
Ei's supervision symbol
The Ei supervision symbol appears on all of an electricity supplier's electricity contracts at Elpriskollen if there is a decision against an electricity supplier through Ei's supervision with regard to any of the consumer protection provisions of the Electricity Act. The symbol is shown from the time a supervision decision has been made against the electricity supplier by Ei until the electricity supplier has taken corrective action and complied with all points in the supervision decision.
The symbol also appeears on an electricity supplier is listed on the Swedish Consumer Energy Markets Bureau's complaints list Länk till annan webbplats..